August 16-19, 2021
Employment Tax Workshops for Indian Tribal Governments
You are invited to join a free Zoom workshop hosted by the Office of Indian Tribal Governments.
This workshop is designed as a review of federal tax responsibilities of tribes and tribal entities and will provide payroll and accounts payable employees, particularly those new to their positions, with basic employment tax information.
This workshop will focus on information provided in Publication 4268, Employment Tax for Indian Tribal Governments and Publication 5343, Helpful Hints for Indian Tribes and Tribal Entities to Avoid Penalties on Federal Tax Deposits and Information Returns .
Note: Register for the Zoom workshop through Eventbrite. Three identical sessions of this workshop will be offered. Each session is limited to the first 950 participants.
Dates and Times:
Session 1: Monday, August 16 – Thursday, August 19, 2021
- Time: 1 p.m. – 4 p.m. (Eastern)/10 a.m. – 1 p.m. (Pacific)
- Eventbrite Link: eventbrite.itg-employment-tax-workshops-session-1
Session 2: Monday, August 23 – Thursday, August 26, 2021
- Time: 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. (Eastern)/7 a.m. – 10 a.m. (Pacific)
- Eventbrite Link: eventbrite.itg-employment-tax-workshops-session-2
Session 3: Monday, August 23 – Thursday, August 26, 2021
- Time: 2 p.m. – 5 p.m. (Eastern) / 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. (Pacific)
- Eventbrite Link: eventbrite.itg-employment-tax-workshops-session-3
One-on-one Taxpayer Assistance Days
By appointment only, please email email@example.com with the subject line “Appointment Request for Taxpayer Assistance Day” to schedule a time.
- Friday, August 20, 2021 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. (Eastern)/4 a.m. – 4 p.m. (Pacific)
- Friday, August 27, 2021 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. (Eastern)/4 a.m. – 4 p.m. (Pacific)
Course Topics (the daily agenda shown below is subject to change.):
- Introduction to Employment Tax
- Independent Contractor or Employee?
- Hiring Employees
- Paying Employees
- Preparing Payroll
- Treatment of Payments to Employees
- Form 941, Employer’s Quarterly Federal Tax Return
- Form 940, Employer’s Annual Federal Unemployment (FUTA) Tax Return
- Wage Reports
- How to Avoid Penalties
- Reporting Payments to Independent Contractors
- Records Retention
- IRS Notices and Letters
- Taxpayer Advocate Service
One-on-one Taxpayer Assistance Day
- Schedule an appointment to meet individually with an IRS Indian Tribal Governments Specialist to discuss:
- Your Tribe or Tribal Entities current status with the IRS,
- Questions regarding account issues,
- Questions regarding IRS notices and letters received, and/or
- Payment Issues.
- Request an appointment by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Appointment Request for Taxpayer Assistance Day.”
- The person attending the appointment must be a duly authorized employee of the tribe or tribal entity or will need to have an executed IRS Form 2848, Power of Attorney and Declaration of Representative.
Questions emailed to TEGE.outreach@IRS.gov with the subject line “Pre-submitted questions for the ITG Zoom Employment Tax Workshops” will be answered as time permits.
August 17-18, 2021
OIGA Conference and Tradeshow
Friends, Family, and Fun all in one place!
Gear up and get ready for OIGA 2021 with F&C. We are bringing it back with the custom photo booth we had a few years ago. Find your way to Booth #514 to snap a few family pics with your good ole’ friends at F&C.
It will be a full house in our booth with Partners, Kevin Huddleston, Scott Huebert, and Dan Bledsoe or catch up with the F&C Team: Pam Reynolds, Rachel Loudon, Bobby Simpson, Jason Lowry, Kevin Barker, Kim York, Lora Hull, Tasha Matthews, and Sam Rowe.
Doug Parker, F&C Business Consultant will be helping attendees interpret how social responsibility affects business decisions in session title, Starting Point on Tuesday, August 17, 2021 at 10:45AM in room #203.
It is sure to be a family reunion like no other at this year’s show. Can’t wait to see you!